Monday, January 3, 2011
Resolve to Write - 11 Ways to Find the Time
It's a new year and the perfect time to resolve to start a few good habits or get rid of some bad ones. But since this blog is all about getting your stories written down, I thought I'd tackle the most common thing that stops most people; time.
11 Ways to Find the Time to Write
1. Get up a little earlier.
2. Stay up a little later.
3. Carry a small notebook with you and write down any ideas that pop into your head. 4. Write while waiting (doctors office, dentist, picking kids up etc)
5. Write during your lunch hour (or half-hour).
6. Take your kids or elderly parent to their care provider a half-hour early a few days a week and use that time to write - in the parking lot of your employer or at your desk at work.
7. Take yourself to coffee and bring along your laptop.
8. Give up a favorite television show and write during it instead.
9. Let your significant other do the bedtime routine with the kids a day or two a week.
10. Take your friends up on their offer to exchange play dates.
11. Pay a responsible teen or adult to watch the kids, make dinner, do the laundry or attend to any other task that will free you up to write.
If you resolve to do it, you will. Remember that.