Sunday, October 24, 2010

Signing Fear


This is an interesting time for me. Any day now, I will sign a contract for my book. I'm just waiting for it to arrive in my mailbox. It's what every writer wants, right? Right! Of course! So why then, am I suddenly scared about the whole thing? I've worked hard for this. I deserve this. I know that! But I seem to have contracted a bit of "performance anxiety." I won't even give voice (written down) to my fears, my "what if's" and "but...'s." It's not that I'm superstitious or anything; I just simply don't want to give it a place to reside in my brain.

So, here's the deal. I've used this blog for lots of things; a sounding board, a journal or diary, a place to share feelings, and a place to look for answers. But what has always remained is that it is a blog about writing. It will continue to be just that. As always, Write Now-because it's later than you think, Karen

8 comments:

Lillie Ammann said...

I'm so excited for you, Karen! A little fear is normal anytime we face something new and exciting.

Karen Fisher-Alaniz said...

Thanks, Lillie. Good to hear those words!

Leigh Russell said...

When you are writing, the book is 'yours'. Once it's published, it becomes public property and you have no control over how other people will react to it. That is terrifying - but be brave, I'm sure your book will be very well received. It sounds fascinating. So sit back and enjoy the ride! It's far more exciting than any other rollercoaster.

Christopher Blevins said...

That will become community house and you also haven't any handle above just how other folks can answer that. Which is horrifying : yet become courageous, I know the publication will probably be well acquired. That appears interesting. Thus settle-back and luxuriate in the particular journey! It's miles a lot more https://www.nonplagiarismgenerator.com/plagiarism-on-the-web-stats-what-do-you-read-every-day/ fascinating as compared to any roller coaster.

Hopper said...

Which will turn out to be neighborhood home so you don't have any manage over precisely how other people may solution which. That is scary however turn out click to explore to be brave, I understand the actual book will likely be nicely obtained.

Christopher Blevins said...

That may grow to be local community residence and yourself haven't any deal with previously mentioned exactly how others can easily response in which. Which can be terrible: but grow to be heroic, I am aware the particular check this out newsletter is going to be properly purchased.

Hildegard Flatley said...

I figure, an age line proprietor can't keep up the plant and the business suitably by disregarding the science and advancement in his click to read business. Electronic gadgets like adding machines and PCs are enormously mandatory for the accomplishment of any business relationship in any nation.

Hildegard Flatley said...

The association should offer advances to the poverty stricken understudies. Hence, different understudies can https://www.paraphrasetool.net/how-our-paraphrasing-tool-works/ proceed with their direction and can anticipate a not all that awful occupation in the general populace.