Monday, March 7, 2011

Memory Monday

photo: Togo is always happy when I have a new blog feature!

This is the first day of a brand-spankin' new feature. For every Memory Monday, my post will feature some sort of advice on how to go about recording your memories. As the name of my blog, WRITE NOW - BECAUSE IT'S LATER THAN YOU THINK, indicates, I truly believe in getting those stories written down before it's too late. I've searched the internet, books, and forums to help me understand personal history writing. I hope to share some of those finds with you, my current and eventual readers.

My dream is to create a community of people who are actively taking the steps to get their stories and the stories of their loved ones written down. I'd love nothing better than to have some tiny influence. But it is for me too. While I've concentrated my effort on my father's extraordinary story, there is still a lot to be done for the rest of my family. So, as I learn, I'll share that learning with you. And together, we can change our little corner of the world - one story at a time. Ready? Tune in next Monday for your first mini-memoir exercise.

No comments: