Wednesday, January 28, 2009

How do you measure success?

I have read that Stephen King writes five pages a day. Supposedly, in a year it amounts to something like a 90,000 word novel. Pretty impressive. And five pages sounds totally attainable to me. But today, as I was searching this, I learned about R.L. Stein. Remember him? I do. His GOOSEBUMPS series made him a best selling author. But it did something even more important. It got my little reluctant reader to read obsessively. So there's a special place in my heart for R.L. Stein.

So anyway, I was reading about Mr. Stein here; http://www.hauntedcomputer.com/scottst52.htm and learned that he is now in retirement but can't seem to stop writing. He writes five pages a day but says, "Five pages a day isn't a writing career." Hmmmm...he just might be wrong.

Do you have a daily, monthly, or yearly goals? How do you measure them?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

My measure of success is that my novel is well-written with a gripping story that engages readers.

I don't measure in numbers. However, I write almost everyday to keep my Muse inspired.

Karen Fisher-Alaniz said...

Good point!

Shuaib Ahmed said...

As an artist as well as a teacher, I must say that you shared the topic! Wonderfullly done https://www.paraphrasegenerator.com/does-a-paraphrasing-machine-exist/! I am sharing it on the Facebook so that all my like minded friends can see it.

Shuaib Ahmed said...

I think such website article should be shorter in length and there should be lesser efforts made to these thigns. make points, that will help the reader more. but this one is really nice written . thanks for sharing the services links they are helpful

Shuaib Ahmed said...

First i am really amazed by the services you are provided for making a house into home professional rewriting. I really appreciate the efforts and design of the work. keep posting new updates. Thanks

Hildegard Flatley said...

The most ideal approach to live and appreciate the existence well is to do practice before going to class or https://www.paraphraseservice.org/who-can-paraphrase-for-me/ school. Understudies can gain proficiency with the books of keeping up the wellness of body and can keep their cerebrum cool and quiet.

Aaron A. McCandless said...

Wonderful post.

Aaron A. McCandless said...

This is actually very good writing help services blog and here in this blog I have got lots of valuable article which should help me to improve my writing knowledge. Please visit here https://www.professionalwritingservices.biz/about-us to know about our professional writing services. Also in this post you have shared wonderful information about measure success. Thanks for sharing informative post.