Monday, January 26, 2009

Ch-ch-ch-ch changes

We hear a lot about the "empty nest syndrome." I wonder what the stats are on an empty nest that takes like 12 years to empty? It is easier on Mama and Papa bird? Or does it just drag out the inevitable? When my last son was born, my older son was 4 and his sister was 14, so yeah...our nest is slowly dribbling out the bottom. Or maybe they're jumping out of the nest. Anyway---I'm belaboring this. Suffice to say, my oldest son moved out last weekend. Boohoo! He pretty much kept to himself and his own life for the last few years, so I was sure I wouldn't miss him that much (I barely saw him afterall). Wrong! I miss him like a crazy Mama Bird! But it is fun and good to see him come into himself, even if it is in a tiny little basement apartment less than a half mile away.

But here's the good part. My tiny little writing room that is nestled at the end of the upstairs with no door and heat that doesn't seem to want to join me at the writing desk, will soon be empty. As my youngest son moves into his big brothers room, that will empty one very nice room with windows across an entire side of it. It took me a week to realize a new room would be empty. Yahoo! I'm so excited. But there is a lot of work to be done.

I haven't been terribly productive, so it's time to get back to it.

5 comments:

Karen Fisher-Alaniz said...

Thanks!

Shuaib Ahmed said...

A nice and informative discussion about medical recycling. It is thought provoking and there is a need to lookinto further such measure this page to save our world. thanks for sharing

Shuaib Ahmed said...

It looks like a good http://www.pronounchecker.com/5-tips-for-pronoun-grammar-check/ place to spend a day with family specially in summer. I will do plan a day out with my family to this place. thanks for sharing

Velva Block said...

The preparation is expecting critical part in the business. To wrap up a better than average agent guidance Is basic. If www.scriptwriting.biz/hire-your-personal-explainer-video-script-writer/ have a money to start the business you ought to get finding out about that business. Guidance will guide you and help you to wrap up a not too bad master.

hayat said...

By follow here We can provide you with the best writers and also give you all of the benefits that you would expect from any truly professional company.