Friday, August 1, 2008

My First Fur Coat


Friend left, my sister in middle and that's me on the right

It was a few months before Christmas when I saw the coat. It was on a rack at J.C. Penney's. I touched the faux fur; it was soft. I flipped the little gold clasp around and back. I tried it on and looked at myself in the mirror.

"Let's go, Karen," my mom said.

But as we left, she went back inside for a few minutes. On Christmas morning that year, I opened a big box with my coat in it. Oh how I loved that coat. And that style is coming back...no really!

GREAT PHOTO FINISH FRIDAY BLOGS TO VISIT:

http://nita-onewomansview.blogspot.com



6 comments:

Nita said...

Even if that style comes back, I don't think the coat will still fit you Karen. Oh, my picture's coming, give me time girl.

Nita said...

Ok, my picture is up on my blog, http://nita-onewomansview.blogspot.com/

Karen L. Alaniz said...

But I could buy a new one, JUST LIKE IT! See? Thanks for joining in Nita. ~Karen

Travis Erwin said...

I still want to participate but I'm having scanner issues. Maybe next week. And sweet coat.

WordVixen said...

*lol* I had a coat like that. I fell in love with a white & black leopard print faux fur coat, and that Christmas I got it from two of my cousins. I was so depressed when I outgrew it!

Joel Salmon said...

That was so sweet of your mom! Maybe she also thought that the coat was really beautiful and she couldn't be more happy to see you in it when she saw you checking it out. It was a motherly instinct when she felt that you really wanted that coat.

Joel Salmon