Friday, July 18, 2008

Photo Finish Friday- Twirling

Baton twirling was a huge part of my childhood. I competed in several competitions a year, often traveling with the whole baton corp. We performed in parades, nursing homes, and fairs. Our group, "The Thunderbirds" often wore red sequined outfits (as you can see). I spent every Saturday for 8 years at practices that ran back-to-back in a dusty old building that was somehow regal and magical. High cealings meant I could practice my "turn-arounds" without worrying about hitting the cealing with my baton. I even twirled a fire-baton once. Once was enough. ~Karen

Other Photo Finish Blogs to Visit:
http://nita-onewomansview.blogspot.com/ - Wonder where that chair is now?

7 comments:

Nita said...

Ok Karen, I'm playing. My picture and short post is on my blog: http://nita-onewomansview.blogspot.com/

Funny, our pictures may have been taken around the same time, yet yours is in color and mine is not. Thanks for letting me play.

Karen Fisher-Alaniz said...

Very cute Nita! You're added. Thanks for playing!

mikon said...

The photo of the Friday has the real choice for the people who like the beauty of nature. Get the better theme with https://www.rewordinggenerator.com/how-to-reword-sentences-online/ and find the area of selection. See the best blog of Karen Fisher and get your work done.

mikon said...

A photo of the friday is waiting for your time in this field of the twirling. Get the great choice of fun with the new area of perfection. You can look here in this blog with the new extension of the happiness.

mikon said...

The twirling area has the new blog for the people who want to go for the competitions. There is the enough colors in this site with http://www.paragraphchanger.com/professional-paragraph-rephrasing-services/ and more photo section is working here for the real functioning of creativity.

Anonymous said...

Direction uncover to us that how we can control the general population rate of our family. Individuals utilize different approach to manage that issues yet it is loathsome for us. This http://www.bestcapstoneprojects.com/100-aviation-capstone-project-ideas-in-one-place site is a basic issue for stirring up any country. So we are give trustworthy data about your piece work.

Anonymouse said...

I read this awesome article in which you give the entire view about this match. You can check more info and makes the feeling that I see the valid match before the TV. Your article is so shocking and I fundamentally need to express that this match was flooding with fortified.