Saturday, June 14, 2008

When I Die

A few celebreties have died this week. I'm not one to watch every single moment of CNN or even my local news. But this week it was hard to avoid. What I noticed is that with each person, people used the same language to describe them. It started and ended something like this, "Mr. Smith died at the age of 57." That got me to thinking. When I die, I don't want anyone to say, "Karen Alaniz died at the age of 101."

I want them to say, "Karen Alaniz LIVED for 101 years." Isn't that what it's about...the years you LIVED? ~Karen

3 comments:

Linda Austin said...

I love that... "She lived." I just might have to blog about that and mention you.

Karen Fisher-Alaniz said...

Thanks and please do. Live and learn-we all need each other. ~Karen

Anonymous said...

It's not how long you live, but how well you live.

More people need to remember this. Nice post,

Steve