Monday, January 7, 2008

Motivation to Write


After having two back surgeries, I committed to walking every single day, for the rest of my life. The only time I don't walk is when it is icy out. Of course some days I have absolutely no motivation to get out there and walk. So I tell myself to just walk to the end of the park (a rose garden) which is probably only 1/4 of a mile. That way, I figure I get some blood flow to my spine (your spine only receives passive blood flow-ie: you have to be moving), and though it may not be much, at least I'm keeping things loosened up. But invariably, I do not stop at that rose garden. Once I'm out there, once I've gone through; finding my shoes, getting my coat on, putting the dog on her leash and walkng to that corner, I just want to keep going. Usually I walk at least another 3/4 of a mile. It's all about the routine. Have you ever heard the saying, "Act as if you are, until you are"? It's like that.


I do the same thing with writing but didn't really think about it that way until I read Linda's comment on my previous post. I'll tell myself to write a certain number of words, but find myself going past it. Or I commit to writing for a half-hour but write for two or three hours instead. Looking at goals in small chunks of time can propel us to write even more. And for me at least, the opposite is true too; if I take a day off, I want to take two or three. The longer I stay away, the harder it is to get back to it.


What are your thoughts? ~Karen

4 comments:

Barbara T. Raminez said...

This is really a very discover more which will help you up there to get the best paraphrase generator and let your writing fulfill up there.

li said...

It is so unacceptable to work on the same place and write the assignment for time to time and so useful link and get your assignment done with little time and cheap rate.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing that info. It additionally impacts their insight as they don't acknowledge things by their propensity yet basically need to do similarly as framed. Visit this https://www.paraphrasetool.info/choose-our-reliable-generator/ site and get more data about this post.

Anonymous said...

Such a decent post, A competitor should express his unwinding activities and excitement to continuing with which is gigantic to the ordinary game plan of obligations. Now you can check https://www.paraphrasetool.net/paragraph-rephrase-generator-online/ info aptitudes which can be profitable at work put and move the business.