Thursday, January 17, 2008

300 Word Interview

Taking the theme of writing your story in 300 word increments, something occured to me. What if you wrote someone elses story the same way? For example, what if I sat down with my mom or my aunt and asked them to tell about a specific memory, such as kindergarten? My experience has been that most people enjoy talking about their memories. But when you bring out a tape recorder, or a laptop, or a note pad, they freeze up. But I wonder if that might change if I let them know that I don't want to write any more than 300 words. That amount seems so managable, doesn't it?

I think I'll give it a try. My mother is the perfect candidate. Because I have written a book about my dad, I've spent a lot of time with him learning about his past and his memories. But my mom is another story (haha). Though I've heard her tell stories of her childhood, I've never written them down. I need to do that. And when I do, you'll be the first to know.

Is there anyone you could try this with? It doesn't have to be someone older than you. In fact, it could be one of your children, or a young person you know. Who would you ask?

5 comments:

Hildegard Flatley said...

The activity of the father is fundamental in the life of his youngsters as he is the person who can fulfill his kids. He can more hints offer happiness to his kids by giving them the workplaces of getting quality preparing from extraordinary foundations.

Hildegard Flatley said...

I figure, the basic of each informational foundation should work commendably to make explicit association a model. The character of boss look here is most basic and he can make the specific school a best one in the country.

sentencerephraser.net/about-rephrasing-sentences/ said...

I have done 500 words article interview last week. I am here to increase my skill for my next interview. Thanks for the article.

Hildegard Flatley said...

I think, building is phenomenal field to decide for the understudies of this period since world is proceeding with mind boggling. Each field https://www.onlineparaphrase.net/how-to-take-advantage-of-a-free-paraphrasing-tool/ of life requires the pro individuals and architects are likewise required on the planet to make it powerfully advance.

Hildegard Flatley said...

I figure, non-state subsidized school officials ought to reduce the charges and should open the sections for poor children. When they rot here month to month expenses of understudies so pulverized individuals will in like way endeavor to give mind blowing climate of getting ready to their children.