Tuesday, April 29, 2008

May Goals - Time to find a balance

Hi Friends- Wow. Has it been that long since I've been here? Yep, guess it has. Well here's what's on my mind; Every month for the past 12 months, I've made monthly goals. Most of them have to do with freelancing. And I've had some success with it too, which is fun. But what I miss is writing books.

So this month, my goal is to dedicate the majority of my time to editing/rewriting and marketing my books. I have several that are finished. One in particular, a children's book called, The Summer Snowball, has been on my mind lately. I know there's a place for it somewhere and I intend to find it.

I want to continue freelancing, especially since I'm finally making some money at it...Ah success! But I want to find a balance. I don't want to give up on my books just because the publishing industry is so huge. I don't want to give up just because I don't get the (near) instant gratification of publication, as I do with magazines. And I especially don't want to give up just because it's hard and seems impossible, that my little manuscript would happen to land on the right desk at the perfect moment in an agent or publisher's day.

I'll post more specific goals after giving this some more thought. Do you make monthly goals? What are they? ~Karen

5 comments:

keo said...

I have tried to enroll in that offers physician assistant masters program but do not get positive feedback. After getting this 10 easiest PA programs, I will definitely apply for this program. It's quite good for me to get this information. go now to get more help about this program.

yen said...

It's not easy to manage to repeat whole meaning of the information without changing of an essay. I have faced lots of problem to make it plagiarism free when faculty gives a thesis paper. After seeing this, it feels me vivid to easy my work done. This visit this website is full of data with this subject line to know more.

Anonymous said...

As I am a writer I have to write a lot of things and make sure it is copyright protected. Sometimes I have faced a hard time to hold the original meaning. It is expected me to get help and easy my activities. this post for further information clicks here and may assist you to clear your thought.

Christopher Blevins said...

When i 'm the author I must create several things as well as make certain it's copyright laws guarded. Occasionally I've confronted difficulty to keep the initial which means. It's anticipated me personally to obtain assist as well as simple my personal actions. this particular publish with regard to more https://www.paraphrasegenerator.com/our-paraphrase-service/professional-proofreading-service/ information mouse clicks right here and could allow you to obvious your own believed.

Christopher Blevins said...

What person boost the put thus to their bugs that will delivers him or her one of the best office environment inside swap key phrases regardless if the recommended www.passivevoicechecker.com/change-the-sentences-into-passive-voice citizenry is actually are located with the beast they offer any acknowledge.