Friday, July 29, 2011

Photo Friday: Just "one more edit"

I'm not sure what my photo has to do with this post, but the look on those cows...faces...seems to mirror how I feel about the prospect of "one more edit."

I can't even tell you how many times I've said these words in the past six months, "I'm working on the final edits." Or worse, "I just sent in the final edits." But truly, it never ends. It just doesn't. I am told that the edits on my manuscript were relatively minor. Turns out that the word "minor" is relative, indeed!

This "last" edit is from the proof-reader. I received it last week. This one does look different. First off, it is laid out just as the book will be. It includes photos and other memorabilia. Everything is there. And this time, I can't just make changes within the document. I have to comment on the comments the proof-reader has left or create my own comments. I cannot actually change the document.

I do think that this is truly the last pass through for Breaking the Code. But then, I've thought that before, haven't I?

2 comments:

Linda said...

One of these days, soon, you'll hold that precious book in your hands! I'm excited for you, Karen.

Linda

Karen Fisher-Alaniz said...

I should put a countdown somewhere. Hmmm...I wonder how one goes about that?