Thursday, February 10, 2011

Time for a Change?


I went to my monthly writer's group last night. Maureen McQuerry did a presentation on websites. It was a great discussion, complete with a power point thingy(see how techy I am) where we were able to look at websites live on the web and analyze them. We also discussed blogs a bit. I've decided mine needs some work. Does it represent what I want it to represent? I thought it did. I mean, the book background and all. But as we talked, I realized that reading isn't what my goal is.

My goal (this is off the top of my head right now) is to get people motivated to write down their own personal history, or that of their family. Of course, my book is important to me. And hopefully, by fall, it will be important to a lot of people. But what I hope to accomplish with the book (and the blog) is to get people writing. We don't get advance notice when one of our loved ones is going to leave us. And once they're gone, their stories can no longer be told...unless they are written down. So, my goal for the book and for the blog is to encourage people to start writing...now.

I'm just thinkin' aloud here. I see big changes in the future for my little blog. Look out!

7 comments:

Lillie Ammann said...

Karen,

I'm a big believer in everyone writing their stories, and I've written a couple of series about it on my blog. Also have an ebook on writing memoirs and family history. I look forward to your posts on those topics.

Lillie Ammann
A Writer's Words, An Editor's Eye

Karen Fisher-Alaniz said...

Thanks, Lillie!

mikon said...

When you discuss over a point, you get some clues that how you can improve that and how the reads can read more here to gain thir points they have made for them.

stoya riley said...

Above entire archives contained 12 pages which about the Reston Connection and it's exceptionally ongoing records distributed here which we should peruse and increment our insight. Then again, I endeavor to get read more and this will be profitable stuff found here. Continue sharing such stuff here.

visit the page said...

I really want to do this in the same time but this is so bad luck for me. I can not do this in the same time. thanks for this best suggestion for me. keep this work.

paulKimson said...

Thank you writer you just made this writing easy. Time has to be chancged because now with so many servies writing can be possible so on this site we can manage useful platforms.

Anonymous said...

Good site, In case any country need to upgrade the desire for regular solaces of their people, they should amass school, or universities for them. With the objective that they can try this to get preparing in these establishments and improve their lifestyle.