Friday, January 21, 2011

Photo Friday: Just Hit Send!


Several years ago, when I first started freelance writing, a few fellow-writers and I started a group on the Absolute Write website. We didn't mean to, really. We just didn't dream that it would be so popular (and continues to this day). It was on the Freelance forum and here's how it came about;

I was commiserating with my writer pals about how annoyed I would get with myself over one aspect of submitting material to a magazine or website. After all the writing, editing and researching, when it came time to hit the "send" button, I hesitated. Sometimes, I'd put the piece aside for months instead of hitting that button. Other times, I would have to make myself hit the button. What was I afraid of? I'm not sure. But then we started a thread and invited people who had the same hesitations to join the "Just Hit Send" group.

What we learned was amazing. We learned we were not alone at all. So, each month, there is a new thread for freelancers to post that they have indeed hit send. It is also a place to post monthly goals. When I quit freelancing to write books, I really missed the camaraderie of the people there. We had come to know each other and our works quite well.

So, after months (years actually) of editing my book, I didn't have my freelance group behind me. I didn't have a place to admit how difficult this was or to celebrate in the joy of having "just hit send." Still, I did it. I hit the send button and you know what? The butterflies were still there! I even took a photo of the screen as I finally sent my completed (?) manuscript to my editor.

And now it's time for me to go back to my freelance friends to see if anyone wants to cyber-celebrate with me. Here I go and here's where I'll be; . ~KFA

5 comments:

Pu nha said...

You can find the new section of your life with this field and can get the real idea to maintain your work in the better field. Just come here and maintain the real structure of your life. You can get the link of explore the details and can find the new touch.

Need said...

A new area of the photo credit with the help of which you can hit and send the information. You can also find the new blogs with this system of the blog. with the link of learn more here you can share different information here.

matrr said...

There are certain times when you do not expect that much fame but the time proves you and http://www.prepositionchecker.com/how-to-check-preposition-writing-without-consulting-a-dictionary/ helps you to learn the new ideas you have with in your mind to make them black and white.

anonymous said...

Great site, PC getting the hang of writing computer programs is every now and again profitable than taking a formal course in light of the way that in this structure you can learn on your work zone but you can check navigate to this website to manage your essay work. On the off chance that you're scanning for a best option of to get the hang of programming application or have any kind of creating issues then here you are immaculate place and can visit our site.

Budha said...

Photo Friday is clipped for the individuals. All the issues of the day are mentioned and ability to empower you so that you can look here for the attachment of the points. The improvement of the technology is done for the humans.