Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Brain Break


I sent the manuscript for my book to my editor at Sourcebooks, Inc. on January 10th. Woohoo! After the crazy sprint to the finish line, I was so looking forward to taking a break. And I did. I went to Richland and had a celebration with my sister at P.F. Changs - Yum! I cleaned my house, caught up on laundry (if that's even possible), got my Christmas stuff put away, organized my cupboards, and many other tasks that are all a blur now. Then, I baked a lemon cake, made mint cupcakes, Chex Mix, pot roast, loaves of bread, quiche...need I go on?

But then something disturbing happened. As I was putting away groceries from the long-overdue trip to the store, I found myself making a pyramid out of the things that needed to go to the pantry. Obviously, I've got too much time on my hands. It's time to get back to writing.

So, here I go again, trying to find my way on a path that is unfamiliar. Two things come to mind; I need to create a marketing plan for this book and I need to start writing the next (well, I am three pages into it).

So, here's to new-starts and mid-starts and whatever else lies ahead of me. Unfamiliar territory is becoming...familiar territory. Hmmm...

5 comments:

Shanac said...

There is the area of the brain break with the help of which you can find the new section of the thinking pattern which is a good approach towards your work. You can really find the new blog of fun with find more and can find the new topic here.

Shazuka said...

A place of the brain break where it's good to shrink the volume of your head and think for different things in the short time. You can also find more things in this blog. You can get the link of find more with this area and can get the better things.

Namkeen said...

There is a great article about the manuscript with the help of which you can enjoy the best celebration and can start to live with the new things. You can make your time more good with try this and can enjoy the Christmas this time more good.

Mano said...

Get the best writing of the brain break with the area of the information. You can make the best sense of the information with this package. Just get this website link and find more awesome details here for your pattern.

Chemistry said...

There is the great section of the brain break which can be really helpful for you. Just make your section more great with this site and you can click this site in the better sense. You can also find the best deals here.