Tuesday, November 9, 2010

What's up with the Rainbow?

I've tried lots of things when it comes to the editing process. I've read books and articles on the subject, talked to fellow writers, and gone to workshops. I can't say I've tried them all because many just didn't fit with my writing personality. But I did try some, only to figure out that they too, didn't fit me quite right.

Trial and error can be a frustrating experience. And I had my share of frustration as I wrote and rewrote, edited and revised. And then ended up where I started and no real idea how I got there or where to go from there. I got confused on what I had decided to change and what I hadn't, so I edited things I had decided not to edit. Does that make any sense at all? Yeah, well when you confuse yourself, that's not a good sign!

Finally, I came up with different colored edits and it has evolved to the colors of the rainbow. Why? Because I know them. I taught them to my kindergarten class when I was teaching. The order is; red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple. If you've been reading here, you've already read that my very, very first edit takes place on my word processor. The red edit is my first paper and pen edit.

As I move along with this series, you will learn what each edit entails. I have this delusion that maybe it will actually help somebody out there. But remember, no two writers have the exact same editing style. So take what you can use and trash the rest. Happy editing! ~Karen

4 comments:

good site said...

Generally this is the fact what you talking about. I know this very well. But this is the time to show off and this will be the great for all in this time. And I think so. So you should go for this. and doing this.

visit this website said...

WOW! how important post this is. I always looking for this kind of post please share this kind of post to publick. and you will be the best for this reason. So keep trying to do this and do for the other people.

James K. Marcotte said...

This kinda novels can help us in many ways and it is so satisfying. The concept of learning online through such books can be helpful. Here https://www.onlineparaphrase.net/our-online-paraphrasing-service i can find planning of learning perfectly.

Anonymous said...

Such a good post, Bearing is enduring an obviously key part of helping young people secure against the contamination that can influence poor systems. Critical information on dependably tidiness and https://www.paraphraseservice.com/how-to-paraphrase-a-poem/ site want can save lives and keeps families together.