Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Because the Editor said so

photo: winter comes to washington state

Hello, friends - The editor at the publishing company I am working with is really great. I'm not a new writer, but I am new to publishing. This will be my first book to be published - hopefully among many to come. I am a researcher by nature and a lifelong learner. I've always said that if I could figure out a way to be a professional college student, I would spend the rest of my life in classes. But even with all the research I've done over the last few years, I still have a lot of questions.

Blogging is one of those things that you hear all kinds of advice on. It runs the gammut from, it's just a waste of time, to, every writer should have a blog. I like blogging. Even if nobody is reading this - but I know you are, I like writing. But with this new publisihng contract, I didn't want to do something that might have unintended consequences that I hadn't considered.

Since I don't have the publishing, marketing, and publicity knowledge that my editor does, I decided to run it by him. I asked Peter if there is any problem with me blogging about my experiences on this journey toward publication.

And here's what he said, "Blogging is great, no problem at all."

I guess that means he'd better be nice to me, or I'll blog about it. I wonder if all editors and agents feel the same way?

6 comments:

Couch said...

You can catch the editor area with the help of which you can find the new settings of the life. You can also find the nice instructions here. You can check this link right here now and can manage the great deals o the time with this factor.

Alodi said...

We have come new experience all the time in our lives and this thing just gives us a push to move forward withour ideas and identify the skills we have in ourselves so we can click http://www.commacheck.net/7-facts-about-comma-usage-checker/ and bring out more for us to understand what our children need exactly.

Simandar said...

All the writers have almost shifted to online sources because these are quite economical and you do not have to go to the publishers for the publishing services so the users can click this link at any time to gain what their best readers want to read and can have their views at any time.

mikon said...

It takes time for every person to fully understand what is inside the story for you and how that www.similaritychecker.com/essay-similarity-checker can be a help for all of you to understand the need of the hour.

Rick Curry said...

Just the word congratulation in an email can create a beautiful feeling www.scriptwriting.biz/our-script-writing-services/script-doctor-service/, when someone apprieciate your work, it’s the best thing that can happen. I would like to share this email with the audience on my writing service. I hope people will love it.

Linda said...

This book is pretty interesting to read on. In the era, we actually need to focus on our actual will and spirit. People can also consult www.scriptwriting.biz/our-script-writing-services/script-doctor-service/ to learn and to know more and more things about them, as this is the only way by which we can make people literate.