Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Because the Editor said so

photo: winter comes to washington state

Hello, friends - The editor at the publishing company I am working with is really great. I'm not a new writer, but I am new to publishing. This will be my first book to be published - hopefully among many to come. I am a researcher by nature and a lifelong learner. I've always said that if I could figure out a way to be a professional college student, I would spend the rest of my life in classes. But even with all the research I've done over the last few years, I still have a lot of questions.

Blogging is one of those things that you hear all kinds of advice on. It runs the gammut from, it's just a waste of time, to, every writer should have a blog. I like blogging. Even if nobody is reading this - but I know you are, I like writing. But with this new publisihng contract, I didn't want to do something that might have unintended consequences that I hadn't considered.

Since I don't have the publishing, marketing, and publicity knowledge that my editor does, I decided to run it by him. I asked Peter if there is any problem with me blogging about my experiences on this journey toward publication.

And here's what he said, "Blogging is great, no problem at all."

I guess that means he'd better be nice to me, or I'll blog about it. I wonder if all editors and agents feel the same way?

No comments: