Sunday, August 1, 2010

PNWA conference

The conference was fabulous! I got so much more out of it this year. I did get the coveted requests for proposal/pages from a few agents/editors, which is amazing. Very excited about that. But I also made a decision and with it a goal.

Decision: While it would be great to have the book published in the traditional way, with a big New York agent/editor getting behind it, that is not the only way. There are also smaller, independent publishing companies and there are many options now for self-publishing. So, I have decided that self-publishing is a real possibility for me.

Goal: By this time next year, I will be launching my book, one way or the other.

Reality: It's a lot of work, in a lot of areas that I am not accomplished in. But hey, live and learn, right. It keeps us young!

Realizing that I don't have to rely on the planets to align perfectly for my book to be published has given me a new excitement for the project.

Don't forget to, WRITE NOW - BECAUSE IT'S LATER THAN YOU THINK!

No comments: