Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Adjusting Goals

Sometimes the goals I make for myself are a little on the crazy side. That's what happened here. When I got to the day to write for 7 hours, it was just too much. I was drained and unmotivated. And honestly, I do have other commitments that I can't just push aside. I am a daughter, a mother, a wife, a friend. Problem is, I'm one of those "all or nothing" people. I'll kill myself trying to make a goal I've set. And if I don't reach it, I bag the whole thing. I give up. For me, if the goal is to write 42 hours this week and I write only 30, I am a failure. I don't consider it progress even though it's still 20 more hours than I wrote last week. I know it makes no sense. In fact, it makes less and less sense as I write it here.

So, I'm trying to give myself a break and learn from this. My revamped goal for this week is;

Day 1 - 3 hours
Day 2 - 4 hours
Day 3 - 5 hours
Day 4 - 6 hours
Day 5 - 5 hours
Day 6 - 4 hours
Day 7 - 3 hours

Go Karen Go! Can anyone relate to my craziness? Anyone?

6 comments:

Clara Gillow Clark said...

I'm not so hard on myself when it comes to goals. I make goals and work hard to keep them, and normally I do. If I have a deadline, I'm always dead set on meeting it. But nearly every day something interrupts. What's happening may be the material for a new scene or a new character or even a new book. I don't want to miss having new and wonderful experiences--that feeds the writing.

Karen Fisher-Alaniz said...

Good point. I try not to be hard on myself too, it's just that perfection gene that seems to have been passed on to me. LOL Thanks for visiting! ~Karen

Hopper said...

That i come up with plans together with job really hard to have him or her, together with in most cases Me. Just contain a deadline, I will be at all times dry place regarding reaching it all. However , every daytime an item interrupts. What the heck is taking effect could possibly be the navigate here content for that different stage or simply a different individuality maybe a different reserve.

Christopher Blevins said...

Superior issue. That i try to avoid get really hard regarding average joe overly, it is actually that click here faultlessness gene the fact that seems to have happen to be transferred to my advice.

mikon said...

Just come here and adjust your goals with the new settings. You can also find the new session of the blog in this area. You can look at this site and can get the warm welcome with the new people in this area of the fun zone.

mikon said...

You can adjust the new settings of the goal with this platform. You can carry the new zone with https://www.paraphrasingservices.org/tool/ and can find the new style for your life. You can also find the best settings with the nice platform.