Monday, October 6, 2008

National Novel Writing Month

Have you heard of NaNoWriMo? Basically, it's a month-long quest to write a novel. And yes, I said a month; not a year, not three years, but a month. If you haven't already been to the site, you can find it here; http://www.nanowrimo.org . If you've ever dreamed of writing a novel, or if you have one that has been rolling around in your brain and won't let you go, this is the thing for you.

The accompanying book, "No Plot-No Problem" gives you an idea of just how serious this business is. Chris Baty is the founder and 2008 is the ten year anniversary of NaNoWriMo. I've attempted it twice. The first time I was a "winner." Last year, I attempted it again and ran out of steam and didn't quite make it. I have a theory about why I succeeded one year and not the other. The first year, I had a really clear idea of where I was going with my novel- hence my success. Last year, I had an idea of the beginning of the novel, but hadn't really thought it through past the first few chapters. I went through the gate at a mile a minute, but slowed and finally sat on the sidelines, watching the others race past me...boohoo...so sad.

I'll post more on nanowrimo. Keep checking! And consider joining me. Next time, I'll blog about my favorite part of the nano-experience. ~Karen

3 comments:

Barbara Martin said...

Thanks for the heads-up about Nanowrite. I have an idea for a story that needs to be written. What better way than this!

Karen L. Alaniz said...

You are welcome. Visit the site and you'll get a ton of inspiration!

eda said...

按摩棒電動按摩棒飛機杯自慰套自慰套情趣內衣
角色扮演按摩棒跳蛋情趣跳蛋

G點性感丁字褲吊帶襪丁字褲無線跳蛋

衣蝶
情趣按摩棒
潤滑液SM內衣性感內衣自慰器充氣娃娃AV情趣情趣用品