Saturday, October 13, 2007

Old Experiences-New Eyes



I went on an adventure today. I walked my dog to the campus of our local liberal arts college. It is a beautiful old college with breath-taking grounds. I'd forgotten that. I drive by all the time. But driving isn't the same. I brought my camera along and took a couple of photos. When you have a camera in your hand, you begin to see things differently. You are looking for something to take a picture of. I saw things I'd passed by often. I took pictures of common things that are always there, but which have become so much a background of my life, that I didn't see them anymore.


So on my quest to have new experiences, I've learned that looking at things with new eyes also creates a new experience. And I plan to have many more of them!


Write Now,


Karen

No comments: