Monday, September 17, 2007

If Only


I wanna live there. Or at least visit. Doesn't it seem like you'd get so much writing done, "if only"? If only my home were more peaceful. If only I didn't have kids. If only I didn't have to be the family chauffer. If only I could take a vacation. If only I didn't have interuptions. If only didn't have any responsibilities (ha!). If only there weren't cell phones, televisions and Tivo. If only the world weren't so scary. If only everyone would just leave me alone...hence the photo. See that little cable? That's the only thing keeping the outside world out. And if it were me, I'd let only those who I like come to my house-on-a-rock, like my loyal blog-readers...oh and I might miss my kids too. But one little slip, and you're outta there. One negative word and back to the cable-car you to. I think I'd rig it with some kind of an auto-programmed ejection seat. I could program all the words that discourage me, like "can't" and "realistic." If someone said the word, out they go, flyin' through the air. Talk about immediate consequences.

Well, since I don't know where that house-on-a-rock is, I'll just have to figure out my own way to cope. And that's what I'm tryin' to do. I can't get rid of all the distractions of life, and truth-be-told, they are what makes my writing interesting and real. But I can learn to balance it all. At least I think I can. In the meantime, I know one thing I can do; I can keep writing. No matter what comes along, I can keep writing and keep sending things out.

That's all I know for now.

-Karen

7 comments:

Eileen said...

My goodness, Karen! I finally decided that this is a minature house,not a real place. What a fascinating picture. And how fun to think of actually living there. Clever blog - living there as a writer and still being family chauffeur - and the possibilities there. How Did you manage to get this photo? Looks oriental! EE

Karen Fisher-Alaniz said...

No, it's real. My sister sent me a bunch of pictures of unusual places to live. I just enlarged the pic. so you can see it better. I don't know where it is though.

Karen

Kaon said...

it has been only resort for the entertainment of the paths. The formation of the new scheme and visits of the visit the site are charged for the consumers. The tip of the tory is upheld for the dangers of the joy and its impact for the future themes.

mikon said...

A few number of the facilities and commodities have been marked for the individuals. The sentiment of the concern and website is approved for the humans. The margin is calculated for the flow of the offered items for the candidates.

mikon said...

It has been marginal for the good and all items for the humans. The role of the formal means and visitors of the https://www.rewording.org/reword-my-paragraph-online-tool/ are done for the citizens. The race is depicted for the flow of the consumed items for the people.

Hildegard Flatley said...

Doing this reversal posture is simple however it appears to be hard. I just pursued rules and effectively played out this and reversal present. article similarity checker

Hildegard Flatley said...

Agribusiness assumes a significant job in the economy of nation. This agrarian focus trains you to confront the various sorts of troubles in the field of horticulture. We prepared enough to increase our creation and inconclusively benefit in the wake of taking helpful hints from this blog. this website