So I've been reading the blog of my agent. Well, she's not mine, but if I'm correct in assessing her, I think I could buy her off with a good cup of Starbucks coffee. I'm really looking forward to meeting her at the PNWA conference (I mean what else would I say, she might get crazy and read my blog).
That got me to thinking- How honest are these blogs anyway? I mean, if I am aware of the need to censor myself just in case, how much more might someone like an agent? With that in mind, here is a list of 5-things you won't see posted on my blog after my face-to-face meeting with a real, live agent.
1. Someone should have told her she had a green chunk of lunch stuck in her teeth...and it wasn't going to be me!
2. I think she had garlic bread, garlic noodles and garlic pie for breakfast- breath mint please.
3. Is that really how they dress in California?
4. She didn't look anything like her website photo. She was so...old.
5. She wouldn't know a good book if it slapped her upside the head. (That's how we talk out here in the west)
What you will see in my post-conference post is total and complete honesty...well, in a censored, sucking-up, just-in-case , sort of way.