Monday, July 23, 2007

Truth in Blogging

So I've been reading the blog of my agent. Well, she's not mine, but if I'm correct in assessing her, I think I could buy her off with a good cup of Starbucks coffee. I'm really looking forward to meeting her at the PNWA conference (I mean what else would I say, she might get crazy and read my blog).

That got me to thinking- How honest are these blogs anyway? I mean, if I am aware of the need to censor myself just in case, how much more might someone like an agent? With that in mind, here is a list of 5-things you won't see posted on my blog after my face-to-face meeting with a real, live agent.

1. Someone should have told her she had a green chunk of lunch stuck in her teeth...and it wasn't going to be me!
2. I think she had garlic bread, garlic noodles and garlic pie for breakfast- breath mint please.
3. Is that really how they dress in California?
4. She didn't look anything like her website photo. She was so...old.
5. She wouldn't know a good book if it slapped her upside the head. (That's how we talk out here in the west)

What you will see in my post-conference post is total and complete honesty...well, in a censored, sucking-up, just-in-case , sort of way.

-Karen

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

I think you were lying before about not being funny. This post was great. I think about blog honesty all the time and think IMO that that's sort of what blogs are for. I agree not to say lame or hurtful stuff say about an agent and I never lament editors becuase that's not smart marketing. But if I find out someone's been lying on their blog (straight up lying) I'd likely become an ex-reader.

Karen Fisher-Alaniz said...

Really? Well in that case, absolutely everything on my blog is the absolute truth. And by the way, if you had a sprig of parsley inbetween your teeth, I'd tell you. No, really!

-Karen

Nita said...

Be careful karen, I've lived in CA, they might really dress like that.:) Seriously, you do have a good sense of humor and your writing shows it. Glad I found your blog.

Karen Fisher-Alaniz said...

Funny? Me? Well, you know what that means- it means that YOU just have to be a bit warped. Because only those slightly off the track "get" my brand of humor.Hmmmm...

Glad you're enjoying the blog...I'm enjoying that you're enjoying (and responding).

-Karen

Hildegard Flatley said...

Karin Fisher! I must tell you that I love your vision and I just wish I could also be so true and natural about things as you are. You can easily get more articles on the content writing. I really enjoy reading your posts. And of course todays blog was also fantastic.

Hildegard Flatley said...

In spite of the fact that Educational committee tables have chosen to safeguard limit changes however numerous guardians like me are disliking this choice. Get best similarity essay checker from this source. Second school would be found excessively far away and hence it would not have the option to mitigate understudy's crowding.

anonymous said...

It's normal for a Car association to analyze about the buyer demands. Reading http://www.grammarsoftware.info/best-programs-to-check-my-punctuation/ article is suggested for punctuation checking. The association will reliably ask about for a predominant material.

anonymous said...

This is impeccably recorded. Using grammar and punctuation corrector can stagger you. Regardless of the way that, the world is continuously changing into an uncommonly alarming spot for women.

anonymous said...

I should express your records are so relatable. Try using correct sentence punctuation checker. We can relate them with our own. In addition, the best thing about it.