Friday, June 3, 2011

Photo Friday: My Hollywood Star

Hooray for Hollywood... lalalalala ...Hollywood! Or something like that anyway. I'm in Hollywood with my friend, who is a screenwriter and here on business. The first day we were here, we went on a little self-guided tour. Very fun! I looked and looked for an inspirational star for one of my favorite authors. But to no avail; apparently there isn't such a thing. Boohoo... What I did find is this poor little cracked star, right next to the gutter. I wonder who decides who gets what star. It seems that no one is lining up for this one.
Then we found where the stars leave their hand and foot prints. I was amazed to find the Abbott and Costello print (see photo). Notice the date! It was made the day after the bombing of Pearl Harbor in 1941. Isn't that crazy? How could such a thing have taken place when our country was on the brink of war?

So, that's my Hollywood experience thus far. Exciting, isn't it?

2 comments:

Linda said...

It's fun to think of you in Hollywood. I enjoyed your photos, and I agree with you -- what a strange time for someone to be writing in cement: the day after Pearl Harbor.

Have a great trip!

Linda

Karen Fisher-Alaniz said...

Thanks, Linda. Actually, I didn't even know the hand and foot prints went back that far. One was from the 1930's. But yeah, weird timing, for sure.