Monday, November 29, 2010

Red Edit : Roadblocks


photo: When all else fails, watch the snow fall.

Oh boy. Is anybody getting some editing done? I host Thanksgiving and Christmas at my house. It's no big deal. Really. All I do is the main dish - turkey, and of course, clean the house. But my family is really great and brings everything else! I was able to work right up until Tuesday. I intended to writ on Wednesday and even sat there at the computer, but nothing came. Then the day after TG, it was even worse. I sat there for hours; I got marketing stuff done but barely any editing at all.

I'm slowly getting back into it now and I've realized something. Distractions and other events stop the flow of ideas. It's not just a matter of going back to work at a retail store after the break. It's so much more. The holidays just happen to fall during the time that I must be working on my manuscript since it is due in January. So I don't have the choice to just kinda work here and there. I must learn how to do this better. I'm not sure what the solution is. I'm completely open to suggestions...Please!

8 comments:

Leigh Russell said...

I have edits coming out of my ears right now - my publisher wants Dead End for proof copy by 9th December and my agent would like the final MS of the following book by 9th January... in between judging a short story competition and teaching full-time. After 9th January I'm going to take a week off before starting on my next book...

Karen Fisher-Alaniz said...

Wow, Leigh! It's good to know I'm not alone. I AM thankful to have a deadline at all. That means I'm moving forward, right? My manuscript is due January 15th--looks like we're on a similar timeline. Go, US!

Leigh Russell said...

It's kind of a nice feeling, to know I'm not alone. Thousands of miles apart, we're both busy editing too (or blogging... shh!)

tes said...

When I reading this post I was thinking about his skill and his knowledge. It's a amazing post. You really did a great job here. My best wishes for you. I suggest them to see more options in recommended site such that they get more data in here.

Ralph C. Kiefer said...

These look great! Thanks for sharing! I hope you will give us more some helpful and knowledgeable writing like this. This people site always offer you the good service on your writing which you wanted.

Anonymous said...

There could have been some error while you write the newsletter or others educational papers the first time. But, you'll improve day by day that is good. if you can develop the whole patterns resource then you need to keep in mind that it will change a lot of things and some new ideas.

Anonymous said...

Schools are where understudies wanted preparing. Choosing the best school for the kids is the most vital issue for guardians and for this reason they read numerous broachers and earn more that assistance them in choosing the school for their kid. As this article is additionally depicting the need of school in the public eye.

Anonymous said...

Numerous individuals love to drink such caffeinated drinks yet these beverages are bad for our wellbeing which is portrayed in this impressive article and ought to be perused cautiously. We ought to go this site in touch with mindful the general population from this reality to drink such beverages which are destructive for us. The vitality taken by this beverage is extremely risky for our heath.