Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Bloom wherever you end up






I moved into my new writing room, thanks to my son moving out. Don't worry, he's an adult. My writing room is on the second floor of our house. I wanted a few plants up there so I put things that don't need a lot of attention. My Easter cactus made the cut. I bid on it at a benefit for someone. It was in full bloom with china white blooms. That was three years ago. I was told it would bloom once a year and it did. Problem is...it bloomed with either two or three blooms. Yeah, that's barely worth looking at. I did all kinds of crazy things to try to make it bloom. I put it in the dark basement for a month. Then brought it up and watered it like crazy. Nothing! I moved it to a place where I wouldn't be tempted to over-water it. Nothing. I put it in direct sun, indirect sun, in the corner, on the table. Nothing! So I gave up and decided it was a nice green plant and that memory of it in full bloom was one I'd just have to be satisfied with.

But then...

I moved it to my writing room. There are five windows along the east side of the house. Low and behold just a few weeks later, I noticed the first of 56 buds. And yes...I counted them! There may even be more than that because they bloomed at different times. I think it's a sign, don't you? A sign of what? I'm not sure. Maybe just that when the time is right and all conditions are right, I will be published. Or maybe it's that all the work you put into something can suddenly and overnight, start to bloom. Whatever it is, the end product is absolutely beautiful.

7 comments:

Lillie Ammann said...

Karen,

I hope your beautiful Easter cactus is a sign of beautiful things to come in your writing career.

Karen Fisher-Alaniz said...

I hope so too. Thanks, Lillie!

Anonymous said...

You need to remain with the ethics all the time as they're creating things well regarding the education propose. learn more and hope over to the present web site in order that you will get the simplest crimi application for yourself.

Anonymous said...

This is the best position program that I actually have seen in here although. If any students place confidence in the position they ought to have to be compelled to check it out. http://www.paraphraseexample.org/one-reasonable-online-paraphrasing-service/apa-paraphrasing-examples/ visit the web site to induce the total fellowship program in very little time.

Donat said...

This is the best method to regather yourself and put your efforts in the single project so http://www.unplagiarizer.com/the-best-unplagiarize-tool-to-paraphrase-your-text/ can be a help for all of you and this can lead to a success you need.

mikon said...

You can write now for the new section of your life. You can also check more info and can find the new link of your life with this space. Gather around with the new link here with the better fun. You can also enjoy the new picture here.

mikon said...

You can moved to the new section here and can grab the best challenge of your life. You can also see here and can find something new in this section of the right blog. You can also complete the best profile here.