Friday, October 17, 2008

Photo Finish Friday - 7-Up Hat

OK, I'm waaaay too excited about that hat. C'mon now. That hat was recycling at it's best (or maybe worst). It was a Christmas present from my parents, or looking at my dad in the background, probably just from my mom. Dad looks as bewildered as I am excited. My sister got a Dr. Pepper hat by the way. And yes, those are actual cans that are crocheted together to make a stunning fashion statement. Golly gee, what will they think of next?

5 comments:

gypsyscarlett said...

LOL.

I love the look on your dad's face. :)

Pink Ink said...

Wow, that's a creative use of recycled cans!

My kids are always coming up with projects from things I would normally throw away.

Karen L. Alaniz said...

Yeah. I bet he's thinking, "I sure hope that's not what "I" get for Christmas." LOL

Kids are great for that Pink. I don't know about crocheting tin cans though. That's a little beyond me...lol. ~K

lyzzydee said...

Hi Karen, Thanks for dropping by my blog, we do have a lot of similarities!! My daughters are both on Nanowriter (I think thats what its called) I a a mad recycler and freecycle is my number one fave place, I have recycled and received loads on there!!! My youngest daughter is an expert junk modeler. We are the same person on the oposite side of the world!!

Karen L. Alaniz said...

Lyzzydee- What? You're not a nano'er yourself? I think you need to try it. You DO want to be like ME don't you...lol. ~K