Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Changing Perspectives

("Wednesdays with Murray" has been cancelled this week. My son had a dental appointment, so we weren't able to go to breakfast.)

I've had a few dental issues in the past few months and my dentist may be able to retire early because of it. But this morning, my son was the victim...uh, I mean patient. He's getting ready to have braces put on, so needed to get some work done first. Though he's old enough to do it alone, he wanted me to stay. The dental assistant was kind enough to bring me a chair by my sons feet.

As I watched from that angle, I learned a lot of things. It was completely different from me being the one in the chair. I could see each instrument clearly. I could see the "dance" between the dentist and her assistant-how they flowed through each procedure. My son's dental work wasn't all that different from mine and yet, from that perspective, it looked completely different.

Writing is no different. It's all about perspective, especially when it comes to freelance writing. I often come up with a thought which is not even an idea yet. It's just a fleeting thought about a subject that might make a good article. By taking the idea, setting it in one place and then walking around it, I can come up with a variety of ways to approach it. I may even decide to discect it and create several different articles. I may look at it from a first-person perspective, or perhaps it makes more sense to go at it in a less personal and more informational way.

Perspective is everything when it comes to writing. By looking at an idea from different angles, you can end up with several articles for a single idea. And more articles translates into more money. More money means more trips to Hawaii and who doesn't want more trips to Hawaii?

6 comments:

Barbara Martin said...

Beautiful photo and good article of how you plan to get there.

Karen Fisher-Alaniz said...

Thank you. Forgot to note the photo. I took it in Hawaii in January 2007. ~Karen

feowl said...

I have searched a lot of similarity checker tools. Perhaps it would be best option for my essay to catch any plagiarism. I am always tried to give my faculty unique writing. Perhaps it will fulfill my standard. http://www.essaycorrector.com/look-for-mistakes-with-the-free-essay-checker/ checks here for lots of viable information.

yen said...

It seems to be benefited because of explanation and commitment truly created values with the quality service. My last experience was so bad I received unprofessional 5th-grade graduation speech. This progress maybe trustworthy to follow. http://www.similaritychecker.com/text-similarity-checker/ finding a good service here visibility of yours needed.

Unknown said...

Learning this statistic I am grateful here. One of my friend caught by the teacher of college while submitting copy paraphrases then he got fewer marks for this task. But don't mistake. This service saves me and helps to get the highest marks. great site don't be fear here is more special to you for writing a quality paper.

mikon said...

all the changes in the perspectives re offered for the fulfillment of the goals. The assault of the chat and find this in the urge of the facilities. The measurement is inflicted for the opportunities for the formation of the brisk paces for the humans in the midst of the elements.