Sunday, December 16, 2007

$100 Worth of Pleasure

My mom and I went to Seattle to visit my sisters recently. We were getting ready to go Christmas shopping at University Village when she announced that she wanted to give each of us $100 to get something for ourselves. It was truly a surprise because her offer broke the rules. You see, after years of giving every person in the family a present, we had decided to draw names instead. So her offer, though generous, could be deamed by the Holiday-Police, as cheating. But oh well. Who am I to argue with a hundred dollars?

Usually one to think things to death, I was pleased and surprised with myself for making decisions very quickly. I decided to get something that I wouldn't buy for myself. And now, back at home, with my new treasures, I think it's interesting to look at the choices I made. Here they are;

1. A bottle of perfume from Brighton, called "Live."
2. A bracelet from Chico's that has words like "Dream Big" and "Peace" on it.
3. A silver oval necklace with swirls on it.
4. The book, "Eat, Pray, Love."

As I look at the things that bring me pleasure, I think it says a lot about me. Now it's your turn. What would you buy with $100? What brings you pleasure? And no, you can't give the money away...and you can't pay bills with it. You must choose something completely impractical!

My sister took a picture of my mom and I after she bought the bracelet for me. The look on our faces is one of pure joy. Though the money was nice, the joy of spending an afternoon together really was...priceless. ~Karen

5 comments:

anonymous said...

Wonderful post,It is fundamental to pick the broad book thusly. Some of the time, you select the wrong book which gives you lacking information but now you can important source for useful task. You in like path state as for the tips and it is so amazing. You made work in this article.

Emma Quillen said...

Wonderful post,Principle must be administered as an increasingly reasonable need since we can't neglect them from our once-over of essentials as it has its own specific enormity and students can go now to get quality work. have more impact over the general masses and the exhaustive system around them.

Emma Quillen said...

Amazing blog post,Gathering advertiser is the individual who furnishes the enthusiasm amidst the redirection with their turn and extraordinary style Now click here for more info to manage your thesis work. I didn't comprehend what is the motivation driving the gathering advertiser yet phenomenal to comprehend that this time near to amass advertiser win this opposition.

zinimini said...

These books are really awesome and increasing the interest of students. Publishers are enjoying the site http://www.correctmysentence.com/do-you-know-how-to-correct-the-following-sentences-online-let-us-teach-you/ and learning online services.

haris said...

This is best opportunity to learn new ways of writing. Writing is beautiful way and by having this site http://www.grammerchecker.net/reliable-deep-grammar-check/ you can write more perefctly.