Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Mail Manuscript - Done!


I did it! Well, actually--we did it! I printed off the first 50 pages of our book, enclosed a SASE, printed the address on the larger envelope, placed the pages inside, along with a cover letter and mock book cover (something I learned at a writers' conference) and sealed the envelope tightly.


But instead of going to the post office myself (how boring), I picked up my dad and we went together. When I mailed it, the lady at the post office, seeing the address, asked me if it was a book. I told her about it briefly and she asked me to tell her when it is published so that she can buy it. Remarkable! What a beautiful moment.


I know that this particular agent may not be the one for me, but somehow that's OK. The day was as it should be...perfect!


~Karen

8 comments:

Eileen said...

Karen, a moment to Treasure Forever! And the photo says it all! Good 4 YOU! (Bet papa's quite pleased too!)
EE

Karen L. Alaniz said...

Yes he is. ~Karen

April said...

Good luck!! :)
Cute picture of you and your dad, very cute. I adore older people. Well, the cute and sweet ones haha. He looks sweet.

Karen L. Alaniz said...

Oh April- Don't let the picture fool you...hahaha! Maybe you can see by looking at his picture why it was such a shock to learn what he really did during the war- working in Naval Intelligence breaking a secret code. Just doesn't seem possible that "my daddy" could have had a secret life.

Karen

Jennifer said...

That's an awesome little story and I love that picture of you and your dad. I also really like the opening of the post above. I knew about the chicken soup deal so I thought you'd just sent it off -- I was thinking that was super speed publishing (I'm gullible) and then I saw this post.

Karen L. Alaniz said...

Hi Jennifer- Don't we wish that it were as speedy as that. Heaven on earth!

Karen

Heather said...

Hi, I'm a complete stranger to you, but ran across your blog link via AW. I'm absolutely anxious for your book to be published - what a fantastic story it must be, and what an honor and privilege for you to tell it. The photo of you and your father is very sweet. Good luck!!

Karen L. Alaniz said...

Welcome Heather! Always good to meet a new friend. Yes, I do feel that- honored and privileged! Glad you stopped by. Come by often, if only to just say, "Hi."

Karen